~ How To Shop A Trade Show ~
Tips for even the most experienced Show Buyer...
Planning improves results!
1. Pre-register for all show badges, seminars and special events whenever possible. It saves time eliminates standing in long lines.
2. Come prepared. Bring your sales tax, vendor's license number, or resale certificate copies in case you want to do business with a new vendor, who will require this information.
3. Have a good supply of your business cards with complete contact information ready to give suppliers.
4. Keep your show admittance badge in a standard place as soon as you take it off so it will be ready for the next day.
5. Know your inventory needs before the show. Try to plan about six months in advance. This makes your selection easier and establishes an outline for your product line, colors, holiday items and promotions. Planning helps you stay within your budget. More efficient purchasing will save you money buy grouping your orders to take advantage of discounts and special offers.
6. Come to the show with specific goals. This is the best way to evaluate what you originally set out to do at the show. For example, find a more competitive packaging supplier; find a wider range of dried flowers; find new items to enlarge your merchandise line.
7. Review the Show Guide before you begin viewing the show. Mark off the vendors you really do not want to miss, so you don't forget to make time to speak with them. Make these your priority.
8. Some buyers like to make a quick pass through first to filter out irrelevant items and note the vendors to return to for more detail to make sure they don't miss anything.
9. Carry a small tape recorder or notebook to capture the day's details; make notes for the next day's actions and to remind you of important things you may to do upon returning home.
10. Check out the "Hot" selling items. Ask suppliers what their best two or three items are and compare notes with others.
11. When considering a new line, ask what retailers carry it in your market area. The response may disclose the marketing intent and help you decide if it is for you or not.
12. Check on the freight costs with each supplier to your area and figure it into the cost of the items you are buying. Compare the cost with other suppliers that offer the same thing.
13. Ask about Show Specials. Many suppliers offer special incentives for placing the order at the show designed to save you serious money.
14. Ask if a Co-Op Advertising program is available to you, if so, the requirements.
15. Delivery dates, make sure what you are buying does not have an impossible backorder list, especially if you need it right away. Find out average shipping time for new orders and for re-orders. Check their backorder policy.
16. Minimum order requirements: find out what first orders and re-order requirements are.
17. Return policies: get all the details up-front.
18. Total your orders as you place them, to make sure you are not exceeding your budget. It is easy to do, if you don't keep track while you are placing orders at a show.
19. Review your order, then sign it. In the trade show rush it is easy to make a mistake. Take a moment to go over the order to make sure everything you need is included; the right quantity; or it does not contain items you do not need.
20. Know your re-payment plan. Decide before you shop how you will pay: by check, with credit cards, on open account. If you want to establish an account with new vendors bring a copy of your other supplier credit references, you will need it for all new vendor credit applications.
21. Plan Shipments. Sometimes you can take advantage of quantity discount programs by planning split shipments over several months. Check with suppliers, it can save you money.
22. Ask Questions! You are among experts who are willing to answer questions about selling, market trends, business tactics & more.
We cover the following Eastern US States:
Art & Craft Show Yellow Pages is your #1 Reliable source providing detailed information about Art and Craft Shows, Fairs and Festival. The Online Show Listing System for Crafters, Artist, Vendors and Event Promoters.
When you subscribe to Art & Craft Show Yellow Pages not only will you get 24/7 online access to our unique copyrighted data, but you can also request at any time a printed copy for an additional $15.00 dollars each print (Includes Priority S & H) as long as your subscription is current.
Your one year subscription (1 yr) includes instant access to our online system and as a current member you can benefit from Print-on-Demand, our exclusive member service that allows members to request printed copies of the most current events for an additional $15.00 dollars each print (Includes Priority S & H)
Call us toll free at:
Art & Craft Show
Yellow Pages ™ is now Online for
only $48.95 a year! Faster and easier to find more events, Printed
On-Demand for current subscribers only at $15.00 Each Print (Includes
Priority S & H).
We list all events Nationwide! We include detail verified information for each event! This is the best source for event information and is ideal for vendors looking to sell their products or services whether you are selling food, promotional items, clothing, antiques, jewelry or any items ranging from hand made to buy and sell.
NOW and get instant access to the most reliable event listing information you can count on!
Art & craft show listings contain in-depth details and information to help you choose the right shows to sell your arts and crafts, promotional items, food vending, trade or wholesale.
All shows are not
Real show listings with detail descriptions like, event attendance, cost of booth, size of booth, what you can sell at each event or signup deadlines to event. Choose from detailed listings according to your preferences; we let you know if a show is indoors, outdoors, in tents, or in a mall. We even publish eligibility requirements, - so you will know if a show is an 'Open Show' a 'Juried Show' or trade or wholesale shows. If a show is predominantly Contemporary, Traditional, or Country , we print that information too, to help you find the right venues to sell your work.
ART and CRAFT SHOW YELLOW PAGES is the most important tool in your business kit! Subscribe with confidence! We guarantee it will help you with your business, or we'll refund the balance of your subscription!